John Lee Dumas is the Founder and Host of EOFire, an award winning Podcast where he interviews today’s most inspiring Entrepreneurs 7-days a week. With over 2000 episodes and 7-figures a year in revenue, JLD has shown the world the power of Podcasting. Prepare to IGNITE!
[1:10] – What is your 1 biggest entrepreneurial failure to date: “The biggest and the darkest was going back to 2012. I quit my job, hired a mentor to teach me how to create a business podcast…I interviewed all the people, set a date on the calendar….and I woke up and did NOT launch my podcast because I was scared.
[3:43] – What was the 1 biggest lesson you learned from that failure: “There’s only one person in the world that I compare myself to…that’s ME yesterday”
[5:09] What’s 1 thing our masters-in-the-making can do to push through the fear and jumpstart their success on their own entrepreneurial journeys: “You have to think of something you’ve wanted to do for a long time, that you’ve been putting off for all the wrong reasons, and just do it…actually do it.”
[6:30] Current Focus: “Straight back to me…to my health, to my wellness”
[8:15] – “You can’t best serve your audience, your family, your loved ones until you’re actually serving yourself best.”
[8:45] – The Moment of Mastery:
If you could put one business principle in a time capsule for a future generation, what would it be?
– “FOCUS – Follow one course until success”
How do you manage your focus?
– “When you say yes to one thing, you’re saying no to everything else”
What is 1 book you can recommend and why?
– “THE SLIGHT EDGE – You may feel like you’re not making any progress but you ARE, you just have to trust in the process, in your grind, and what you’re doing”
What is 1 way you track your entrepreneurial progress?
– “I journal to stay present, to write down the things I’m currently working on, and whether those things need the same amount of focus I’ve been giving them…and ideas for projects”
Where is the best place our listeners can go to learn more about you and what you do?
– “All the magic happens at EOFire.com!”
Are there any final words you want to give our listeners who are starting on their own entrepreneurial journeys?
– “If you wanna be…do”