Episode 003: Bridging your Performance Gaps
Alan Stein, Jr. improves organizational performance, cohesion, and accountability through captivating keynotes, interactive workshops, and personalized coaching.
- [1:37] – Current Focus: Being a loving father and serving others
- [2:25] – We’re all trying to improve our significance
- [3:15] – It’s all about finding out client’s pain points & finding the best way to serve
- [4:25] – What is a performance gap and how do we access it?
- [5:52] – It’s not in the lack of knowledge that we get stuck, but in the lack of doing
- [7:10] – When you raise performance, you raise every aspect of your life
- [9:30] – 1 Biggest Challenge: “Challenges and adversity just bounce off because failure is feedback & leads you forward”
- [12:30] – 3 step process to solving performance gaps
- [17:05] – It takes approximately 66 days to form a new habit
- [21:08] – The Moment of Mastery:
- What is one simple mindset shift our listeners can apply to how they think about performance?
- – “Do everything you can to live in the present moment”
- What is one simple action our listeners can take right now, wherever they are, to jumpstart their own personal success in performance?
- – “They need a trigger to remind them to live in the present moment”
- What is the best advice you have ever received?
- – “Find what you love to do and find what you’re really good at and where those two points intersect is where you should spend your time”
- What is 1 book you can recommend & why?
- – LEADING WITH THE HEART – “One of the best books on being able to lead with authenticity, getting people to actively buy into your vision, and improve your impact and influence”
- [26:00] – Connect with Alan on Alansteinjr.com to check out his 10 Week Personal Coaching & Authenticity Program